Document sharing the steps on how to configure LDAP with Unibox.
Step 1 - Navigate to Authentication>>External services>>LDAP
Step 2 - Click on Add button from the main tool bar. The New LDAP Config wizard opens.
Step 3 - Fill out the first wizard page
|Name||Enter the Unique name for this connection. This can be anythig|
|Host Address||The address of the system running the directory instance (DNS name or IP Address of the machine. For example, localhost or 127.0.0.1). Host address should be LDAP server address.|
|Port||The port number on which the directory server is listening for client connections. In most cases it is 389 for non-SSL connections and 636 for SSL|
|Use SSL||If user want to use SSL, then user will also need to check the “Use SSL” check
|Description||The description of new LDAP configuration.|
|Base DN||This field can be as per defined in LDAP server. However, user can enter a specific base DN.|
|Filter||This field should contain Semicolon separated value's as per defined in communicated server.|
|Controller||Select controller profile as per available in profile list.|
Step 4 - Click on Save button to save all configuration.
While configuring LDAP server Consider following criteria.
1. Admin is able to create new LDAP configuration with same host and same controller
profile but different Base DN.
2. Admin is not able to create new LDAP configuration with same host and same controller
and same Base DN.
3. Admin is not able to create new LDAP configuration with same base DN and same
controller profile but different Host address.
4. Admin is able to create new LDAP configuration with same base DN and same Host
address but different controller profile.
5. Admin is able to create new LDAP configuration with same base DN and different
controller profile and different Host address.
Set the portal of LDAP from Portal Section and Login with LDAP Username and Password.